|Cornell University Ergonomics Web|
WHERE IT HURTS
Have your wrist and hand been a source of pain lately?
1. Do you use a mouse with a level
and straight hand?
2. Do you try to avoid using a scroll wheel?
3. Is your mouse comfortably placed immediately next to the keyboard on the
side that is most comfortable for you?
4. Do you keep your elbow close to your body and allow your arm to be relaxed
while using the mouse?
5. Is your keyboard tilting slightly downward away from you?
6. Is the spacebar of your keyboard centered in front of you?
7. Is your keyboard positioned so that your forearms are parallel with your thighs
at or below horizontal, while your feet are flat on the floor?
8. Do you move the mouse using your elbow as a pivot point keeping your wrist
9. When typing are your wrists in a neutral position (flat and straight)?
10. Do you avoid using a keyboard wrist rest?
11. Have you adjusted your chair to the
|Where it hurts main page|