2007Human Factors Internships
Honeywell Laboratories is seeking interns for 2007/2008 who have credentials in human factors and industrial design disciplines. The selected interns will work with our engineers and scientists creating human-centered solutions for civilian and military aerospace systems. The experience gained with Honeywell would broaden your education and sharpen your skills.
Historically, our interns have supported all aspects of R&D, from basic research, to the insertion of technologies into Honeywell products. The technical domains where interns have been involved include graphical user interface design, collaborative decision aids, advanced visualization, interactive controls, alerting and information systems, adaptive information management, and a variety of user interaction and user interface concepts to optimize operator performance, situation awareness, and workload. The knowledge generated has been applied to an extremely wide variety of applications that include: aircraft and spacecraft, nuclear power plants, enhancing human performance under stress, and industrial automation systems,
The position entails participating on research teams, assisting with research proposals, eliciting requirements and domain knowledge from customers, designing and building user interfaces for real computer systems, analyzing the usability of computer programs, and presenting research results to customers and Honeywell management for program status reporting.
The graduate internships are 9 to12 month
full-time positions in
· Current enrollment in a graduate program in human factors, psychology, cognitive science, industrial engineering, industrial design, computer science with a specialty in human factors or human-computer interaction
must be able to work legally in the
· Software development or industrial design skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong aerospace background
1. Go to http://www.honeywell.com/careers/jobsearch.html
2. In the ”Job Search” box, enter the requisition number 00058136 in the “Keyword/Req#/Job Title Search” box and click “Search”.
3. The requested requisition will appear in the ”Job List” box at the bottom of the page. Click on the Job Title, and follow the instructions to apply