User Interface Design Engineer
Charles River Development
is the market leader in developing financial software including portfolio
management, trading, order management, and compliance systems. Expertly
combining industry-standard and state-of-the-art (C#, Java) technology CRD
develops applications that are open, flexible, scalable, easy-to-use, and offer
the richest functionality in the industry.
The Charles River IMS incorporates a modern technical architecture to support the front and middle-office needs of global financial organizations. The architecture consists of C# and .NET front-end, J2EE middle-tier, Web Services, RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase), XML messaging, and web reporting.
Founded in 1984 and privately held, Charles River has been consistently profitable since 1993, carries no debt and recently recorded its fifth consecutive year of double-digit revenue and profitability growth. Recent industry recognition for its products and services include:
We are currently in search of a Senior User Interface Design Engineer with experience in creating complex user-centric applications for the Financial Services industry. This position requires interaction with clients and internal functional teams. The position is located in our Burlington, MA headquarters.
We have 300+ employees worldwide and employ 70+ of the top engineers in the industry. This is an opportunity to work with a very senior level team designing products that are best in class.
· Gather and define interface requirements through user visits, task flow analysis, contextual inquiry, industry trends, and other data collection.
· Guide development teams in creation of modern user interfaces with a focus on usability and intuitive, efficient user interaction.
· Evangelize user-centered design through training, role modeling, and influencing project teams.
· Author new windows and modify existing windows to demonstrate new approaches and concepts.
· Provide leadership role within the project teams to establish usability goals and track performance against the goals throughout the development process. This could include developing and conducting usability tests.
· Promote GUI standards and consistency across all development teams at Charles River Development.
Research and analyze interfaces of
· 7-10 years of user interface design experience with desktop and Internet solutions.
· Financial Services industry experience.
· Must be capable of coding user interfaces or prototyping in VB, C# or another tool
· Experience working in a cross-functional team environment.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Bachelors degree minimum is required. CS or Human Factors degree is ideal.
· Skill in graphics design is a plus.
· Experience with financial order and trade management systems is a huge plus.
Recruiter, Engineering & QA