Ergonomics/Human Factors Position
TITLE: Staff Systems Engineer DEPARTMENT: Human Factors Requisition: 2140 LOCATION: Owego, NY
POSITION: Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost, risk, supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance & disposal.
Ensures the logical & systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, & cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation & interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware & software specifications.
Qualifications (Required) * Must be able to apply human performance principles, methodologies, and technologies to the design of human-machine systems and products. * Develop and implement research methodologies and statistical analysis plans to test and evaluate developmental prototypes used in new products and processes, such as cockpit designs, user workstations, and computerized human models. * Interface with design engineers to establish system design, operating, and training requirements and to ensure optimized human-machine interfaces. * Identify and analyze technological problems or risks, as well as perform theoretical human factors investigations, and develop and implement research and analysis plans. * Must be experienced in all phases of the System Engineering process and avionics principles. * Based on multi-sourced requirements (explicit and derived) and existing system constraints, develop designs (hardware and/or software). * Integrate and verify functional and environmental compliance.
Qualifications (DesireD) * Familiarization with workload evaluation scales (e.g. Cooper-Harper, Bedford) and analysis techniques a plus. * DoD Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret.
COMPANY: Our client makes the world a safer place through its technological innovations. The company's areas of expertise include Atmospheric Science, Avionics, Geophysics, Homeland Security, Information Technology, Intelligent Automation, Process and Equipment Controls, Space Launch Ranges, and Rail Products.
Founded in the late 1960s and headquartered in the DC Metro area, our client is privately owned company with approximately 700 employees. They also have major offices in Endicott, NY; Melbourne, FL; and Coca Beach, FL; as well as field offices around the United States.
Our client has a unique working environment and culture - it is a $100 million company that has a small company feel. It is an ideal place for individuals with technical skills, creativity, problem solving abilities, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Their employees work with cutting edge technologies and software projects that directly impact national and worldwide safety and security.
The following is a just a sample of the projects in which our client's employees are involved:
* Supporting the Defense Threat Reduction Agency with signal processing and analysis to contribute to world peacekeeping efforts, including the fight against terrorism and the detection and location of nuclear and biological weapons in the Middle East.
* Supporting Kennedy Space Center's space shuttle operations. Making shuttle launches, landings, and ground operations safer by providing meteorological evaluation, analysis, and support to NASA.
* Supporting an automated sensor integration system that protects facilities, perimeters, and borders from intrusion and chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear attack.
* Providing software development and services in support of mission critical avionics and flight control systems aboard the C-17, V-22, F-18, and B-2 military aircraft.
Supplying PC based controls and documentation for modular, flexible, and maintainable material systems that manage intelligent transfer, transport, staging, and retrieval, plus supporting the installation of completed software systems at customer facilities.
BENEFITS: Our client has always excelled at attracting top quality people to our company. To retain them, they have developed employee benefits that are among the best in their industry. They include but are not limited to:
* Casual Dress * Health Membership * Credit Union Membership * New Baby Gift Program * Internet Access * Anniversary Award * Wellness Program * Tiered Benefits Plans * Spot Bonus Awards * Quarterly Awards * Annual Awards * Patent Awards * Technical Paper Awards * Recruitment Awards * Tuition Assistance * In-House Training * Outside Seminars * Yearly Conference * Professional Society Memberships * Professional Certification Courses * Life Insurance * Dental Insurance * Medical Insurance * Disability Insurance * AD&D Insurance * 401(k) with matching * Sick Leave * Personal Leave * Holidays * Vacation Leave
Derina Barringer Account Manager Jobplex 312-627-9301 x3214 10 S Riverside Plaza Suite 2250 Chicago, IL 60606 firstname.lastname@example.org