Interaction Design at Medtronic Physio-Control Corp.
Responsible for the interaction design of a new biomedical device, from concept through development by collaborating with senior staff members and a motivated team to achieve the following:
- Innovation, ergonomics, aesthetics, design theory and problem solving as it relates to user interaction design and development
- Establishing visual and user interaction characteristics that reflect corporate and product goals and design standards
- Conducting and documenting product research and contextual design studies to establish requirements for interaction design
- Finalizing product interaction designs through 2-D concepts, low and high fidelity simulations, focus group studies, user testing and presentations
- Planning and designing the presentation of information on displays and control surfaces, including layout, colors, audible tones and fonts
- Being knowledgeable of control, user interface and display technologies and how they impact interaction design
- Working with industrial design lead to implement an easy-to-use solution
- Working with software design team in implementing interaction design concepts
- Interaction design project scheduling and process management
- Being aware of business objectives and decisions as they relate to product design
- Assisting department in generating tools and process improvements with a focus on efficiency, quality and time to market
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Communications, Industrial Design or equivalent field and 0 to 3 years of experience in developing high technology products.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Skilled in 2-D design and simulation tools (Director, Flash, Canvas, PhotoShop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Ability to fluently express ideas using sketches, simulations, etc.
- Experience in design research and user testing · Strong motivation and creativity
- Master's degree a plus.
- Experience in design of medical instrumentation a plus
- Experience in font design software (Fontographer, FontLab) a plus
Those applying can officially do so through the Medtronic.com job web site or e-mail their resume to me.
Mechanical/Interaction Design Engineering Manager
Medtronic Physio-Control Corporation
Phone: (425) 867-4427
Fax: (425) 867-4462