Apple, Industrial Design Department
Contact: Vince Voron, (email@example.com), 408-974-1186
Senior Human Factors/Ergonomic Engineer
Working as a human factors expert within Apple's Industrial Design
team you will:
• complement the industrial design product development process
• develop and lead user testing to rapidly validate new iPod &
Macintosh product concepts
• gather, analyze, and interpret user-experience and product fit data
• conduct heuristic analysis of competitive and internal products
• recommend design improvements to the industrial design team based
on tangible user feedback
• educate cross functional project team managers and executives on
user study findings
The ability to collaborate cross functionally with project teams and
manage hardware user interface testing and product fit analysis based
on anthropometric data for a diverse user population for several
projects in parallel is imperative.
The successful candidate must be able to work very independently, be
a self-starter and enjoy a dynamic work environment. Energetic
personality with very good communication skills and desire to work in
a fast paced creative corporate environment is required.
Position requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
Masters degree and 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience in
hardware human factors, biomechanics, or consumer product development
support preferred. Masters and PhD candidates encouraged to apply.
posted on 10/6/05