Salary: Open - Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Type: Full Time - Entry Level
Do you share our belief that technology can improve and enrich people's lives and that discovering, communicating, sharing, and working with computers should be easy, valuable, desirable, safe, and even efficient? If so, come join one of the most exciting research centers at the VA GAPS Center. We are seeking an innovative, talented, and creative usability engineer who is excited about working in the medical domain to help create safety.
The Veteranís Administration Getting at Patient Safety (GAPS) Center in Cincinnati, Ohio, has an immediate opening for a usability engineer to support human factors research and the application of human factors design and evaluation methods to internally developed software. The successful candidate will initially be working on applied projects. The position is for two years, with the expectation that that the assignment will be extended.
As part of a small research team, you will:
- Work closely with clients to understand workflow and usability needs
- Provide consultation during various phases of the product development lifecycle
- Aid in new concept development through focus groups, user interviews, surveys and observational studies
- Participate actively in design reviews
- Collect data using human subjects
- Interview users, conduct heuristic evaluations, run usability tests, analyze usability data and present findings
- Monitor user feedback and satisfaction.
- 1+ years interface design experience desired.
- Experience with workflow and usability analysis; experience designing solutions to usability issues highly desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Expertise in one or more prototyping tools
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, meet established deadlines and work independently
- Must be organized, independent, and self-directed
- US Citizenship required.
- MS (in Human Factors Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Experimental Psychology, or Educational Psychology) is desirable, but individuals with a BS/BA degree will be considered.
- Occasional travel may be required
Contact Ė Michelle Rogers, Ph.D. at email@example.com
The Veteranís Administration does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of race, sex, disability, age, veteran status, national origin, religion, political affiliation, or sexual orientation.